The Wisdom of Cancer, and the origin of existence.
In a vacuum, there is nothing. And then, a point: o
It follows, there is a second point. And then, a line can exist. o—o
A third point, with connecting lines, allows for a plane, or face.
The plane, if tipped, turned, spun, or flipped, reveals that still it is nothing, still the vacuum. Existence requires dimension. So, the fourth point. And with it: space, form, and the capacity to exist.
Like the fourth point, the fourth sign of the Zodiac, Cancer, introduces depth, and with it, life. All who live spring from Root—the ancestors, the foundational root system of the Plant, the wombs of mothers—and this is exactly where Cancer energy is held.
Beginning with Solstice, the Sun traverses Cancer from June 21 to July 22, joined in part by Mercury, Venus, Mars, the North Node, and the Moon. Lessons and energies inherent to Cancer season, and those born within it:
BEING MINDFUL OF:
- Loyalties that are blocking your development
- Stunting and oppressing the evolution of people in your care, fearing that these people may grow beyond their need for you, and leave you behind
- Hiding your feelings only to have them burst from containment, overpowering and inaccurate
- Keeping emotional score in your relationships
- Holding expectations over others that are based on YOUR values and abilities
- Bestowing your precious, caring, life-giving energy when your gifts are not properly accepted or appreciated
- Exacerbating emotional difficulties by hiding away from loved ones who could care for you
- Upholding fear-based actions and habits, but calling them safety-based actions and habits
- The health of the stomach, the bosom/breasts, and the womb. Stay properly hydrated.
OPENING UP TO:
- Giving love and attention to your homeplace(s), including the great mother Earth!
- Honoring your ancestors and their good traditions
- Spending meaningful time with family and those chosen ones you hold dear
- Embodying and performing your feelings (yes, this includes crying!)
- Reserving time alone, for rest, reflection, and recharge. Healthy care for others begins with care for the self.
- Playing—imaginatively, improvisationally—like children/with children
- Giving and receiving gentle guardianship, much like the Moon’s soft glow over Earth
- Attention to and faith in your emotional truth
- Trusting in and residing with the tides of your moods